GSoC: Week 1-2


 


Hello again! It's been two weeks since the GSoC coding period officially began. 馃槉
The first week was mainly spent familiarizing myself with the rpmlint environment and establish a first contact with my mentor.

After two sessions with my mentor, the first task to be carried out will be to replace binary rpm (located in test/binary), which are used only to test simple functions, with FakePkg with metadata and files.
This way, it is possible to remove the number of binaries and it will be easier to understand what the tests are doing. An example is shown below:

For example, in the "test_tmp_files.py" file we initially find the following code:




and after modifying it, it will be as follows:



The content of "TMPFILES" has been defined in a mock file to show greater readability and clarity in the code:



As you can see, I have to make use of this helper function "get_tested_mock_package", defined in the "Testing.py" file:



This is what I have been doing so far. In the following sections of the blog I will comment on my progress in the project.
See you soon! 馃憢

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

GSoC: Improve test coverage in rpmlint. Presentation

GSoC: Week 3-4